General Data Protection Regulation – Our Compliance Policy
Nidderdale Llamas is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data.
This notice describes how we collect and use your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“).
Nidderdale Llamas are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to you in relation to making an online enquiry, telephone enquiry, a purchase, a booking and signing up to accept receipt of our newsletters. It also applies to all correspondence with our clients either by email or telephone or letter. We may update this notice at any time in which case we will make available the new notice at www.nidderdalellamas.org. It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing your personal data, so that you are aware of how and why we are using your personal data.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law in relation to your personal data. This law says that the personal data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Kept securely.
- Collected only for valid purposes and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes of information and supply and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary or until you opt out of receiving information from us.
The Kind of Personal Data We Hold About You
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (i.e. anonymous data).
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal data relating to you:
- For a Trek or Experience Booking, both private bookings and non private – Your contact details such as name, title, mobile or land line telephone numbers & email address, plus on occasions dietary requirements, age and any health issues which may effect the individuals ability to take part in our activities.
- For an event Booking, such as a show, school visit, Care Home Visit, wedding hire or other similar external hire, where we travel off site to your venue. Your contact details such as name, title, address a telephone number & email address, plus the name and address of the venue and venue contacts for the purpose of making the necessary arrangements where provided.
- For a Purchase of a product (Gift Shop, Gift Voucher, Adoption) – Your contact details such as name, title, address a telephone number & email address, plus the name and address of the recipient if provided and the age of the recipients and in some cases (some adoption packages, the recipients date of birth).
- For our suppliers and service providers, we only hold the contact details you provide us with and only use these in accordance with an enquiry regards a potential service or purchase or an actual service provision or actual purchase of a product/s, we make from your company or you as an individual sole trader.
By visiting our website we may automatically collect information including the IP address, browser type, operating system, pages viewed & length of time spent.
How We Will Use Personal Data About You
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
Where you must provide personal data for us to fulfil our agreement to complete your booking and liaise with you over your booking.
For the purpose of supply and delivery, of products and also for identification purposes. We may not be able to perform the agreement without such data.
Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you give your consent to processing.
To notify you of any changes to our products and services or additional products and services that you may be interested in. You may exercise your right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by email to: email@example.com or call: 01423 711052.
We undertake at all times to protect your personal data, required of the GDPR. We also take all reasonable security measures to protect your personal data in storage.
We may have to share your personal data with our third party service providers such as, our book keeper, accountant, website and e-mail host providers, this is without limitation but only third party service providers. We require third party service providers to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We take our responsibilities seriously and have strict procedures to help prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of personal details.
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure, and Restriction
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact Suzanne Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. You can find out more about your rights in relation to your personal data at www.ico.org.uk.
Please note that you have rights to obtain a copy of your personal data held by Nidderdale Llamas and in certain situations to obtain correction, erasure and restriction of processing of your personal data. You have a right of data portability.
Where processing is based on your consent you have a right to withdraw this at any time.
01423 711052 / 07743 690770